Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Whenever there is a family gathering I must bring this, or they won't let me in! It makes a great meal if you add chicken or shrimp.
- 1 egg
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Miracle Whip
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 4 -8 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 1 cup crouton
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Put egg and garlic into bowl, whisk together for 5 minutes or until very airy.
- Slowly add oil, continuing to whisk.
- Add ingredients in the order listed whisking well in between each.
- Taste at the end and adjust any ingredients until desired flavor is reached.
- Chill until ready to use. The longer you leave in the fridge the stronger the flavor will be.
- Cut or rip washed lettuce into bite size pieces and put into large salad bowl.
- Add croutons, bacon, and Parmesan.
- Slowly pour dressing over salad while mixing, it is easiest if you get someone to help you with this part.(In my house this is my DH job!).
- Serve as a side dish or the main course.