Recipe by Air Force Mama
Adapted from Miss D from Foodgasms.com
Top Review by sloe cooker
Great tasting pancakes! I had buttermilk from another recipe that needed using up so I went with your recipe and am glad I did. Very easy to throw together, who needs a mix? Slathered with butter and drizzled syrup over for photo, then drowned them in syrup, yummm. Thanks Pumpkin Pie's Mommy for sharing this delicious and easy recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg (slightly beaten )
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk (1/8 - 1/4 cup more if needed to keep batter thinner)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place first five ingredients into a bowl; add buttermilk, oil and egg.
- Mix ingredients with a spoon; beat until smooth.
- Heat frying pan on medium-low heat; pour a little oil or non-stick spray.
- Pour batter to a desired size; if small bubbles show up, turn pancakes over.