Recipe by SAMS_Club
I mix up a batch of this super-simple bruschetta at least once a week during the summer and all my friends ask for it when I'm entertaining. It's really easy and really delicious!
- 12 ounces fresh basil leaves (about 2 cups loosely packed)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes or 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- olive oil
- 1 -2 French baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Seed and chop the tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
- Finely chop the basil leaves.
- Combine tomatoes, basil, garlic, parmesan in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasoning packet over the top and mix to combine.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top until the bowl is about 1/2 full with oil. Probably close to 1/2-1 cup.
- Allow this to refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.
- Meanwhile, slice the baguette into thin slices and toast. For extra flavor you can rub a garlic clove over the surface of the toasted bread.