1/1 Photo of Famous Bread French Toast
This recipe is from Margaret Rudkin, better known as the founder of the Pepperidge Farm Company. Her cookbook is long out of print but contains such a treasury of delicious recipes that I would encourage anyone who collects cookbooks to try to find a copy for themselves. This makes for a decadent Sunday morning breakfast.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the eggs with the sugar until thick.
- 2Add the salt, milk, heavy cream and nutmeg.
- 3Mix well and strain through a fine mesh strainer into a shallow dish.
- 4Meanwhile, heat marmalade over low heat until liquefied. Keep warm while you prepare the French toast.
- 5Dip slices of bread in the mixture, turning to coat both sides.
- 6Cook on a hot buttered griddle or frying pan over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Turn carefully with a pancake turner.
- 7Serve with marmalade and powdered sugar or your favorite pure maple syrup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Famous Bread French Toast
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.3
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 739.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 56.2 g
- Protein 9.9 g