Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Flour's Famous Banana Bread Recipe courtesy Chef Joanne Chang of Flour Bakery in Boston
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 1⁄2 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Set oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Beat sugar and eggs with a whisk until light and fluffy, about 10 minutes. Drizzle in oil. Add mashed bananas, creme fraiche, and vanilla. Fold in dry ingredients and nuts. Pour into a lined loaf pan and bake for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
THE best banana bread EVER! Always a hit, and many requests for the recipe. Made as written.
I've made this a number of times and it is the best banana bread I have ever had. I always add about 1/2 teaspoon of banana extract for a little extra banana taste. Very moist!
Without a doubt, this is the best Banana Bread ever. It is tastey and moist. It is absolutely decadent if you slice it and toast it under a toaster oven and then put a little butter on the slice. It also works well for muffins. Then you have portion control. The muffins freeze well too. Try it. You will not be disappointed!