Recipe by Part Time Cook
Packed with fantastic flavours this is one of my favourites. Very easy to make with all ingredients available from your local supermarket. The leeks give it a softer flavour than onions...
- 250 g spaghetti
- 2 leeks (sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 100 g diced salami, hot
- 100 g bacon, pieces
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 425 g chopped tomatoes
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring 4 litres of water to the boil, add salt, and then pasta.
- Cook until el dente (about 12 minutes).
- While waiting for the pasta to boil grab a fry pan, heat olive oil.
- Add salami and bacon and cook until just starting to crisp - remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter with the garlic and leek - cook until leek is soft.
- Add to this 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley and the can of tomatoes, salt & pepper (to taste) and sauté until tomato is just cooked through.
- Now add the salami and bacon back to the pan and just mix this through.
- Combine the cooked pasta in the pan and gently mix through with 5 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
- Serve with remaining parmesan and chopped parsley on top.