Recipe by South Carolina Girl
This recipe was passed from an aunt on my dad's side to my grandmother on my mom's side, and I found it in my grandmother's recipe box. Cooking time is approximate chilling time. One tenth of the recipe is 4 Weight Watchers points. If the nuts are omitted, it is 2 points.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for a park potluck & had yet another big hit with the neighbors! I included slivered almonds & particularly enjoyed the cherries in this salad! Thank you for a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 40 ounces pineapple chunks in juice (reserve juice)
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, packed in juice and drained
- 1 cup cherries, drained
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup chopped nuts (omit for Core)
- 3 3⁄4 ounces fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 cup juice.
- Combine fruit and nuts in a large bowl. Toss gently.
- Combine pudding and reserved pineapple juice in a mixing bowl. Using a mixer, beat on high speed for 1 minute.
- Pour pudding mixture over fruit and nuts. Toss gently.
- Chill several hours.