Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A very flavorfull soup. We like a crusty loaf of French bread with this.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups peeled diced potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 4 cups water
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
- 2 (10 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion on med high heat until done.
- Add all remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat,cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
For a wonderful, tasty, filling soup after a hectic and busy day, this soup is a "souper star"! It was a wonderful treat, easy to prepare, and we really enjoyed it. I served it with hot cornbread and nothing else...ahhh!! I think you could convert it to the crockpot too, if you wanted. Thanks Nez, for sharing this one!!
This was easy enough to make, but really not very good. I made the whole recipe for two people, figuring we could use the leftovers. We only ate it once and ended up throwing the rest of it away.