Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
I make this when I have a large group of guest staying over. You can make up two baking dishes of this. Your French Toast is done at the same time.
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 loaf of texas toast, cut into 1 ",slices
- confectioners' sugar
- Combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; spread evenly in a greasted 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine eggs and milk in a shallow dish; place bread in dish and soak for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Place bread over sugar miture.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can serve it with maple syrup but it is really good without.
I added 1 tsp vanilla extract to the milk/egg mixture before soaking the bread. I also used a loaf and a half of day old french bread I had on hand. Lastly, I added a layer of well ripened bananas sliced, on the brown sugar spread, and then the soaked bread.
Hi Audrey M....made your wonderful French toast recipe for my son and his girlfriend, well what a hit it was...DELICIOUS!...made it with my homemade syrup recipe, no leftovers!...I usually fry my French toast in a frypan, this is a different way of making it....it's great, cause you can make lots at one time....made it excactly as stated, only I let it sit for approx 10 minutes instead of 5, as it didn't seem to soak up all the egg in 5 minutes....thanx AudreyM for a wonderful French toast recipe...I will be making this again soon...keep up the good work:-)