Recipe by Audrey M
I make this when I have a large group of guest staying over. You can make up two baking dishes of this. Your French Toast is done at the same time.
Top Review by ejacoby1
I added 1 tsp vanilla extract to the milk/egg mixture before soaking the bread. I also used a loaf and a half of day old french bread I had on hand. Lastly, I added a layer of well ripened bananas sliced, on the brown sugar spread, and then the soaked bread.
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1 loaf of texas toast, cut into 1 ",slices
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; spread evenly in a greasted 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine eggs and milk in a shallow dish; place bread in dish and soak for 5 minutes, turning once.
- Place bread over sugar miture.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20- 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can serve it with maple syrup but it is really good without.