Recipe by Chef Puterdust
Have made this dish for almost 40 years and is still a family favorite. Got the recipe from my friend Bardie in Okmulgee,OK
- 2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package corn tortillas, torn into pieces
- refrigerated biscuit (cheap)
- 4 cups hot oil or 4 cups Crisco
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chuck, onion and garlic in large pot
- Add sauces and cheese.
- After cheese is melted, add tortillas.
- Pat each biscuit down as flat as possible; Cut in half and drop into boiling shortening/oilfor about 45-60 seconds.
- Serve with butter and honey.