Recipe by Jellyqueen
Inspired by recipe from Paula Deen's show. This is very rich, but not as cloying as the store bought eggnog. Adding the pint of comercial eggnog gives a nice flavor to compensate for omitting the alcohol (1/2 Cup bourbon) in the original recipe. Do take care to use very fresh eggs...
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups prepared eggnog
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- freshly grated nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- separate eggs.
- whisk yolks with 1/2 C sugar in a 3qt bowl.
- whip whites with 1/4 C sugar, until fairly stiff/soft peaks.
- whip cream.
- fold cream into yolks.
- fold beaten whites into yolk/cream mixture.
- combine prepared eggnog, vanilla and milk.
- pour milk mixture into yolk/cream/whites mixture.
- grate nutmeg on top and chill in freezer for about 30 minutes.