Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Inspired by recipe from Paula Deen's show. This is very rich, but not as cloying as the store bought eggnog. Adding the pint of comercial eggnog gives a nice flavor to compensate for omitting the alcohol (1/2 Cup bourbon) in the original recipe. Do take care to use very fresh eggs...
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups prepared eggnog
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- freshly grated nutmeg
- separate eggs.
- whisk yolks with 1/2 C sugar in a 3qt bowl.
- whip whites with 1/4 C sugar, until fairly stiff/soft peaks.
- whip cream.
- fold cream into yolks.
- fold beaten whites into yolk/cream mixture.
- combine prepared eggnog, vanilla and milk.
- pour milk mixture into yolk/cream/whites mixture.
- grate nutmeg on top and chill in freezer for about 30 minutes.