Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 8 ounces uncooked yolk-free wide egg noodles
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can reduced-sodium cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain; set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil in Dutch oven over high heat.
- Add chicken breasts, onions, celery, salt, thyme, bay leaf and pepper.
- Return to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 35 minutes.
- Remove chicken.
- Cut into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
- Increase heat to high.
- Return liquid in Dutch oven to a boil.
- Continue cooking until liquid and vegetables have reduced to 1 cup.
- Remove from heat; discard bay leaf.
- Whisk in soup and buttermilk until well-blended.
- Add chicken pieces and pasta; toss to blend.
- Sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Great comfort food! This is very easy to make and tastes wonderful.