Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe - it is in response to a request. Sounds like an easy weeknight meal.
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 2 cups instant rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or mushroom soup)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a 9" square baking pan with heavy duty foil and set aside.
- Combine chicken, onion& garlic pepper in medium skillet and cook over medium high heat until chicken is browned.
- Combine rice, vegetables, soup, water& chicken mixture in large bowl& mix well.
- Spoon mixture into foil lined pan.
- Cover pan tightly with additional foil and bake 30 minutes or until rice& veggies are tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Well, I put it in the oven right away, but I wasn't that impressed with this recipe. I found it dry and if I made it again, I would add more water.
Make sure you cook it as soon as you assemble the casserole. I waited about an hour or so and the rice took all the liquid and it came out horrible. My family won't let me try it again the correct way.