Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I worked in a family-owned Italian restaurant in high school and this was one of my favorites!
Make and share this Family Style Bruschetta recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread sliced bread onto aluminum baking pan, drizzle with olive oil.
- Toast bread 10-20 minutes, turning once.
- In medium bowl, combine diced tomatoes, onions, sugar, and garlic and stir well. Add sweet basil, and red wine vinegar. Stir well. Add approximately 1 tablespoon olive oil, stir well.
- When bread comes out of oven, top bread slices with approximately 2 tablespoons of tomato/onion mixture.
- I have seen fresh mozzerella slices used below the brushetta topping, which is very pretty and probably delicious!
I am a big bruschetta fan and loved this recipe. I made it last week to serve with my Italian meal and it was a hit. Thank you for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2008.