Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got the recipe from my uncle, who got it from my aunt, and who knows where she got it. The fact is, everybody who tries this version of "queso" loves it. This recipe makes a lot of dip, so either make it for a party or plan on eating it for a while. I belive it yields approximately 8 cups of dip.
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese (or comparable brand)
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 12 ounces salsa or 12 ounces picante sauce
- 6 ounces beer
- Chop cheese into 1 inch cubes and put in a microve safe bowl.
- Brown sausage and drain grease.
- Microwave cheese until melted.
- Add sausage, salsa, and beer to cheese.
- Stir well and serve.
This dip is a nice change from the old Velveeta/Rotel queso dip. The recipe doesn't recommend a particular beer, I used Heineken, Owens Country 'Hot' sausage, and Pace Hot Chunky Salsa. It turned out spicy and addicting. This recipe makes a ton for a group, I halved the recipe for just us. I would make this again. Made for my adopted 'baby' for PAC, March 2009.