Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this from a magazine years ago. It's a quick and tasty weeknight meal that's on the table in under 30 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- While spaghetti is cooking, melt the 3 tbsp.
- butter in large pot and brown the onion, green pepper, mushrooms and kielbasa, about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, oregano and garlic powder.
- Continue cooking over med heat until broccoli is heated through.
- Drain cooked spaghetti and stir 1 tbsp.
- butter into it, stirring to coat well.
- Place spaghetti on platter and top with kielbasa-veggie mix then sprinkle with grated parm.
I absolutely love keilbasa! This was a great way to serve it. This is a great fast meal and my whole family enjoyed it! No changes made here because I did not see a change needed. Thanks Maddy331 for an awesome dinner!
This has become an old standby for me, as I've made it several times. I change it a bit: I substitute 1 lb fresh broccoli for the frozen & steam it until just tender before adding to the vegetable mixture. I also use 2 cloves garlic, minced, instead of garlic powder. To cut down on the fat, I start by coating the pot with nonstick cooking spray & sauteing the kielbasa by itself, minus the butter, over medium-low heat. After about 2 minutes, I add the onions, peppers, mushrooms & garlic & continue cooking, stirring often, about 8 min. I've made it with and without tossing the spaghetti in butter; it's still quite good without the butter so that's the way I eat it when I'm cooking just for myself. My last change was that I used grated romano in place of parmesan cheese.
Yes! This is excellent! I used a pound of fresh broccoli and a package of mild Italian sausage and shredded Parmesan. Great treatment. Quick and easy. I can tell this is going to be one of those "old standby" recipies. Everything can wait snug and secure in the freezer for those nights when I need to go shopping and haven't or I'm tired or...