1/1 Photo of Family Recipe from Supermodel Heidi Klum for Sauerkraut Soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1/2 lbs ground pork
- 5 large white onions, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 (14 -16 ounce) cans sauerkraut
- 2 (6 -8 ounce) cans sliced mushrooms
- 5 whole sweet gherkins, chopped rough
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Heinz Chili Sauce (or regular ketchup)
- 2 quarts vegetable broth, made from 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- salt and pepper
- heavy cream
- 1Sauté ground beef and pork and onions with olive oil in a soup pot until brown.
- 2Add sauerkraut and mushrooms (with their liquids) and pickles; stir together with the meat.
- 3Add entire bottle of sauce or ketchup and the vegetable broth.
- 4Simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Add heavy cream and cook for 1 more minute, then serve.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Recipe from Supermodel Heidi Klum for Sauerkraut Soup
Serving Size: 1 (349 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 406.2
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 93.9 mg
- Sodium 1050.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: