1/6 Photos of Family Pleasing Chicken Paprika
Mommy Diva's Note:
This is the recipe my Mom and I have made for years. I don't know where it originally came from, just that everyone seems to love it- I did growing up - and now my whole family does (always a plus to find a quick meal that my kids like that my hubby and I can enjoy eating too!!) Easy to round out with a green salad or veggie and roll or bread on the side. I have made this in a pinch for friends and they always rave thinking it took more time than it did to prepare. ;) Mushrooms are a great addition, simply add them in when adding the onions. I also like to stir in sautéed asparagus sometimes or frozen peas. ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped (walla walla or vidalia preferred)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sweet Hungarian paprika, more to taste
- black pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine, whatever available
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (more if needed to achieve desired thickness)
- 1/2 cup cold water, to mix starch
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder (I use minced frequently, but will cause chunkier gravy)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Cube chicken into 1-2 inch chunks- as desired.
- 2In a deep skillet, brown chicken breasts with oil, garlic and pepper.
- 3Once cooked, add onions and cook for 2 minutes, stirring lightly.
- 4Add paprika (at least 2 tbsp -more to taste) and the chicken broth.
- 5Bring to a rolling bubble, add wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 6In a cup on the side, mix cold water and cornstarch completely.
- 7Spoon mixture into simmering chicken, stirring until desired thickness is achieved.
- 8Cook for at least 5 more minutes to cook out the starch taste.
- 9When ready to serve, remove from heat and stir in the sour cream, enough to achieve the creaminess desired.
- 10Serve over your favorite pasta(egg noodles, cavatappi, penne), mashed potatoes or rice.
- 11Enjoy! ;).
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Pleasing Chicken Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.8
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.4 mg
- Sodium 448.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 28.9 g