Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a more kid friendly veggie dish then my other recipe which is for a crowd (Vegetarian Mexican Casserole)
- 1 lb lean ground beef (turkey or soy burger)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 zucchini (cubed)
- 1 yellow squash (cubed)
- 1 small italian eggplant (cubed)
- 1 sweet potato (peeled and diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) no-salt-added corn
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle salsa
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown meat.
- Mix in the remainder of the ingredients except cheese.
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top and serve.