Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe for meatballs came from my Grandmother, who got it from her mother, etc. We use these in Lasagna, with pasta, or by themselves in sandwiches.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 -3 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 -3 pieces garlic
- 3⁄4 cup italian romano cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -3 slices soaked american bread
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- Mix in large bowl all together,.
- ground meat, 2 or 3 small pieces of garlic cut very fine, 1 teaspoon of parsley, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, 2-3 pieces of American bread that was squeezed (after it was put in water) (or just a little water), 2 or 3 cups of breadcrumbs, 3/4 cup of Romano cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Form in round or oblong meatballs about 1" in diameter.
- Fry in medium-hot oil in frying pan.
- Typically I set the burner to 4 on an electric stove or low on a gas stove.
- Fry meatballs (5 or 6 at a time) in the pan until they are browned (not blackened).
- It takes a bit of practice to cook them just right.
- Serve with tomato sauce, pasta, or however else you wish.