Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the one recipe that everyone can agree on! It features raw egg whites, so make substitutions with pasteurized product -or like me- get chickens in your backyard and use their eggs! :)
- 7.08 g gelatin, unflavored ENVELOPE
- 177.44 ml dark brown sugar, packed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 354.88 ml canned pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 59.14 ml granulated sugar
- 9 inch pie shells, prepared (baked or ready)
- In a saucepan, combine gelatin, brown sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, milk, water, egg yolks and pumpkin. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and chill.
- When ready to assemble, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually beat in granulated sugar. Fold pumpkin mixture gently into egg-white mixture.
- Turn into pie shell and chill until firm.