Prep 2 mins
Cook 13 mins
This sauce is so versatile, it meets all my family's taste. It is a recipe that I got from the Weight Watchers Favorite Recipes. Made as written, it is 1/2 fat exchange and 30 optional calories(58 calories and 2 g fat) for two tablespoons of the sauce. This was a book that was out before the point system, but it is 1 point for both 1 or 2 servings of the sauce in the point system. Two of us like a zesty sauce with a little heat and the other two like more heat in their sauce. I make the sauce and then remove half of it to one bowl for the milder tastes and add more red pepper or red pepper sauce(hot sauce) to the rest. I triple the amounts of this recipe for our family.
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar (I use apple cider vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash ground red pepper (add more for a hotter or spicier sauce)
- 1 dash black pepper (to taste)
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients and, over high heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer, stirring frequently, until flavors are well blended, 5 to 10 minutes.
Very tasty BBQ sauce. We really enjoyed it. Served it on the side with Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Fingers for a very good dinner. This was so easy to prepare and the panko created a nice crunch. Thanks for posting. :) It's a keeper
We liked this so I made it and had it over chicken, but it went so quick with the result no picture. So I made it again and put it in little jars so when we have burgers, there will be enough in a jar for two. It has a nice tang to it and weight watchers too. I made it to the recipe and it was just fine, DH added more hot sauce to it, it's never hot enough for him, very nice, thanks for posting. Made for Breast cancer awareness 09
I grew up in Kansas City where BBQ is huge, most restaurants I go to, I would give their bbq sauce a 4 star rating, (even the top chains) every now and then I'll find one that I will give a 5 too. This recipe needs a lot more of a kick, besides just red pepper. I like a BBQ sauce that will clear out my sinuses! Made for ZWT5!