1/1 Photo of Family Friendly Chili
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Great chili for the whole family including kids. Not too spicy and has the right amount of beans. Also "hides" a lot of veggies. Add more chili powder to make it more spicy. This is a big recipe, so great to make ahead and freeze for future meals
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 celery ribs, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 (28 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 11. Place a large pot over med-high heat.
- 22. Cook meat until browned, drain in a colander and put aside.
- 33. In same pot, sautee the onion in the oil for 3-4 minute.
- 44. Add garlic, celery, green peppers and zucchini and sautee for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- 55. Mix the chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper and onion powder together.
- 66. Add the spice mix to the veggies and stir to combine well.
- 77. Add the meat back into the pot and stir.
- 88. Add the remaining ingredients (kidney beans, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar). Still to combine.
- 99. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Friendly Chili
Serving Size: 1 (461 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 952.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 31.7 g