Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a mild fondue...great for kids. From wondertime.com.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 garlic clove, smashed (optional)
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Heat milk and garlic (if using) in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toss the cheese and flour together in a bowl or large ziploc bag until the shreds are nicely floured.
- Whisk the cheese into the milk a handful at a time, waiting for each handful to melt before adding more.
- When it's all melted and smooth, remove garlic clove and pour cheese into a fondue pot.
- For dippers, use bread, small boiled new potatoes, pasta, mini sausages, cubes of ham, lightly steamed broccoli.
We loved this! It tasted so good and was fun to eat! Thank you! Loved the potatoes, hot dogs and noodles dunked in the fondue!