1/1 Photo of Family Favorite Vegetable Lasagna
1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Dreamer in Ontario's Note:
Another recipe from Anne Lindsay's Lighthearted Everyday Cooking. You can use this recipe to sneak vegetables into the diet of the veggie-phobic :). Make this recipe healthier by using low-fat cottage cheese and low-fat mozzarella.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups zucchini (unpeeled & shredded)
- 3/4 lb mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 teaspoons italian seasoning
- pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar, if needed
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 2 cups part-skim cottage cheese
- 2 cups part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In a large nonstick pan, heat vegetable oil over medium heat.
- 3Add zucchini, mushrooms, onions and garlic, and cook until tender.
- 4Add tomatoes, water, tomato paste and Italian seasoning.
- 5Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes until mixture has spaghetti sauce consistency, stirring occasionally.
- 6Season with pepper to taste and add sugar if too acidic.
- 7In large pot of boiling water, cook lasagna noodles as directed on package (usually 10 to 12 minutes) until tender but firm.
- 8Drain and rinse under cold water the drain again.
- 9Combine cottage cheese, mozzarella, egg and half of Parmesan.
- 10Cover bottom of 13 x 9 inch baking dish with a bit of the tomato sauce.
- 11Place 1 layer of cooked noodles in dish.
- 12Cover with half of cheese mixture.
- 13Repeat with remaining sauce, noodles and cheeses to make 3 layers of each ending with a final layer of tomato sauce.
- 14Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 15Bake for 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- 16Remove from oven and allow to stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Vegetable Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (465 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.5
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 994.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: