Recipe by Charmie777
I got this recipe from a friend who takes this to friends needing a meal. It's soooo good, and the best of all the taco salads out there!
Top Review by Deb's Recipes
We really loved this easy-to-make and very yummy salad! I seasoned up the taco meat with some paprika, chili powder, oregano, and garlic salt. I also added a few sliced black olives and chopped bell pepper pieces to the salad then tossed it with French-Italian Salad Dressing recipe #94469 and Black Pepper Jack Doritos. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe ~ It's a definite keeper!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 16 ounces mixed salad greens (or more to taste)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag cool ranch Doritos (the large size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain off any grease.
- Meanwhile, in very large salad bowl combine salad, tomatoes, green onions and kidney beans. Toss well.
- Add slightly cooled beef and Catalina dressing. Mix well.
- Add cheese and toss again.
- Lightly smash chips and add to salad.
- Toss and serve immediately.