Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from a friend who takes this to friends needing a meal. It's soooo good, and the best of all the taco salads out there!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 16 ounces mixed salad greens (or more to taste)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Catalina dressing
- 4 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) bag cool ranch Doritos (the large size)
- Brown ground beef and drain off any grease.
- Meanwhile, in very large salad bowl combine salad, tomatoes, green onions and kidney beans. Toss well.
- Add slightly cooled beef and Catalina dressing. Mix well.
- Add cheese and toss again.
- Lightly smash chips and add to salad.
- Toss and serve immediately.
We really loved this easy-to-make and very yummy salad! I seasoned up the taco meat with some paprika, chili powder, oregano, and garlic salt. I also added a few sliced black olives and chopped bell pepper pieces to the salad then tossed it with French-Italian Salad Dressing French-Italian Salad Dressing Mix and Black Pepper Jack Doritos. Thanks for sharing this delicious recipe ~ It's a definite keeper!
The sky is falling...the sky is falling...the sky..."!!! Just wanted to get your attention. You've run out of ideas not to make this. Made for Best of 2012 recipe tag.
This was my contribution to a weekend cottage getaway. Everyone loved it. I made it just as written except that I didn't measure the cheese, I just added the whole bag. Made for ZWT8 Family Picks.