1/13 Photos of Family Favorite Sesame Chicken
A few months ago I made this great sesame chicken that my mother and I loved.... problem was it was one of those dinners where I added a little of this... a little of that.... and could not for the life of me remember what on earth I put in it!! So after months of tinkering in the kitchen I FINALLY came up with the recipe last night, and wrote down all the ingredients!! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 -2 tablespoon sesame oil (to personal taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 dash red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch (or more is you want a thicker sauce)
- 4 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder (optional)
- 2 drops sesame oil
- cornstarch, to coat
- 1Combine chicken ingredients except cornstarch and let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.
- 2Remove chicken from marinade and toss in cornstarch then cook chicken in hot oil on the stove top until cooked thru. Remove from pan and keep warm in oven while making the sauce.
- 3Combine all sauce ingredients EXCEPT cornstarch in a sauce pan and bring to a boil over med. heat.
- 4Mix cornstarch with a little water (about 1/4 cup) in a cup until disolved then slowly add to the sauce mixture on the stove and heat until thickened to you liking.
- 5Add chicken to sauce on the stove until heated thru.
- 6Remove and sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions and finally enjoy!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Sesame Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (402 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 428.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 2168.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 34.6 g