Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine
Make and share this Family Favorite Pasta Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can italian tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- hot cooked pasta, of your choice
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, water, parsley, brown sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1-1/2 hours or until flavors are blended. Serve with pasta. Yield: 8 servings.