Recipe by Joellen1972
This is from a very well-used recipe booklet called "Family Fare: Food Management and Recipes", published by the Department of Agriculture in April 1968. The booklet is literally falling apart. I thought I would try to preserve it here. The recipe has been increased from the original to better provide for our very large family.
- 3 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat griddle while mixing batter.
- Mix dry ingredient thoroughly.
- Combine egg with milk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges become slightly dry and bubbles form on top. Turn and brown the other side.