Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is from a very well-used recipe booklet called "Family Fare: Food Management and Recipes", published by the Department of Agriculture in April 1968. The booklet is literally falling apart. I thought I would try to preserve it here. The recipe has been increased from the original to better provide for our very large family.
- Heat griddle while mixing batter.
- Mix dry ingredient thoroughly.
- Combine egg with milk and oil.
- Add to dry ingredients and stir until combined. Batter will be lumpy.
- For each pancake, pour about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until edges become slightly dry and bubbles form on top. Turn and brown the other side.
Ah, simplicity at its best. Perfect for when you want it done quickly, and can be confident with the results. Plus extra kudos for preserving an old recipe alive.