Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious moist lime cake that is very easy to make.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Mix together cake mix, gelatin, oil, eggs, and orange juice.
- Pour into three 8 inch greased and floured cake pans.
- Bake according to instructions on box.
- Allow to cool, then frost.
- To make frosting: In a large bowl, beat the butter and cream cheese until fluffy and light. Add lime juice and confectioners sugar beating well.
I thought that is was really good!My mom loved it!I made it in a bunt pan instead on the three pans.It tuned out great!Next time that I make it I may try it with some limeade instead of the orange juice.That way it it might give it a little more lime taste.I also used the bottled lime juice instead of trying to get the juice from the fresh limes.I know the other might be better but, they are not in season and are really expensive right now!