Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is one of my 6 year old's favorite meals. He has requested that I make it more often. If you like the flavor of lemon, you will probably like this dish. I use whole wheat thin spaghetti to make it even more healthy. *Update* 2-10-10. I made this last night using shrimp instead of the chicken. It was pretty good as well. Instead of baking for 30 minutes, I boiled the shrimp and marinade in a pot for 5 minutes (until shrimp turned pink). I also added a little paprika to the marinade.
- 453.59 g thin chicken breast
- 3 lemons
- 59.16 ml oil
- 4.92 ml minced onion (dried)
- 4.92 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 4.92 ml salt
- 226.79 g thin spaghetti
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a small bowl.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients and stir.
- Place cut up chicken into a gallon size bag.
- Pour the lemon juice mixture over the chicken.
- Marinate for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator (it is better if you have time to marinate for 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a large baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour entire contents of bag into the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Bring some water to a boil and cook spaghetti to your liking, then drain.
- Pour the chicken and the juices together with the spaghetti and stir.
- It tastes better if the juices soak into the spaghetti for a few minutes.
We really enjoyed this dish. The marinade flavored the chicken bits quite nicely and gave it a zesty touch with a refreshing citrus zing. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that the spaghetti noodles were a little bland (and the extra sauce was not quite enough to season the noodles sufficiently). I will make this dish again though, because it really is good. I'll just double the marinade so we have more sauce to "spruce up" our noodles. Thanks for sharing your recipe, micheles3boys. Made for Spring 2011 Pick-A-Chef.
We do love lemon (thus the choice of this recipe to make), & the lemons I used were large & very juicy! I did cut the amount of salt in half & substituted lemon pepper for the usual pepper! Also was a bit generous with the garlic, & then my other half convinced me to top it all with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese! Very satisfying, & the recipe is a keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
Made pretty close to as written only adding a little more garlic (love garlic) and adding some peas in for some color. I did use less spaghetti noodles since a previous reviewer suggested making more sauce. Very good and I will be making it again. Thank you. Made for Fall PAC 2011.