1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Ground beef or spicy pork sausage can be used in place of hot Italian sausage. It's our favorite lasagna.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 12 ounces water (fill an empty tomato paste can twice)
- 3 cups small curd cottage cheese (24-oz. container)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1Brown sausage in a large skillet. Drain fat.
- 2Add basil, garlic, salt, tomatoes, tomato paste and water.
- 3Simmer, partially covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a bowl. Mix well.
- 5Layer noodles, cottage cheese mixture, mozzarella and meat sauce ½ at a time in a 9” x 13” pan.
- 6Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 7Let set for 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (400 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 712.4
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 148.1 mg
- Sodium 1985.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 46.2 g