Recipe by Lisa1
Ground beef or spicy pork sausage can be used in place of hot Italian sausage. It's our favorite lasagna.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained, broken up
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 12 ounces water (fill an empty tomato paste can twice)
- 3 cups small curd cottage cheese (24-oz. container)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 16 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in a large skillet. Drain fat.
- Add basil, garlic, salt, tomatoes, tomato paste and water.
- Simmer, partially covered, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a bowl. Mix well.
- Layer noodles, cottage cheese mixture, mozzarella and meat sauce ½ at a time in a 9” x 13” pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let set for 10 minutes before serving.