Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
"These hearty, meat-and potato skewers have a little something to please everyone, from pineapple to pork." From TOH.
- 6 small red potatoes, halved
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (1 lb) pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch cubes (1 lb each )
- 3 ears sweet corn, cut into 1 inch wheels
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool slightly; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, parsley, pepper and garlic. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Pour remaining marniade into another large resealable plastic bag, add the vegetables and pineapple. Seal both bags and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Drain and discard both marinades.
- On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread pork with vegetables and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until pork juices run clear .
WOW! This is going to be a family favorite of mine too now! This made a lot, but no worries...with this particular dish...leftovers are GREAT...at 9 in the a.m.! This one's a "keeper" for sure!!!! Thank you for sharing such a wonderful recipe! LA :-)