Recipe by Daydasa
This is the recipe I always go back to time and time again. I always make a huge batch up for gatherings and keep them in the crockpot on warm. If you like your wings with less of a bite, cut back the cayenne to 1/2 to 1 tsp. The trick with these is to make sure they are nice and crispy. Enjoy!
- 2 quarts canola oil
- 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken wings or 3 1⁄2 lbs chicken drummettes
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a deep fryer or medium stockpot over high heat until a deep fryer thermometer registers 400°.
- Will fry wings for 15 to 25 minutes.
- While wings are cooking, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add hot sauce, Tabasco, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until hot.
- Lower heat, and keep warm until ready to use.
- When the first batch of wings is finished cooking, transfer to an airtight container.
- Add half the sauce, and cover tightly.
- Shake container to fully coat wings.
- Repeat with remaining wings and sauce.
- Serve immediately with dressing of choice.