I had some leftover fish I wanted to use up but didn't have the ingredients to make any of the fish cake recipes listed in 'zaar, so I combined a few of them to make these cakes. The family loved them and urged me to write down how I did it so I could serve them again, so here it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1NOTE: Kaffir lime leaves add a lovely lime flavor to the mix. If you can't get them, substitute any other leafy herb that you like but add it at the end of the processing so it stays in pieces and doesn't get pureed. Lime leaves are tough enough to add at the beginning.
- 2Poke the whole potatoes in several places to vent steam.
- 3Steam or microwave the whole potatoes with skin on until fully cooked, cut into chunks and place in the bowl of a food processor.
- 4Cut the fish into chunks and put in food processor.
- 5Add all other ingredients to the food processor except the oil.
- 6Process just until mixed but not pureed.
- 7Heat the oil to a medium-high frying heat.
- 8Drop the fish mixture into the oil by large spoonfuls, pressing the mixture together between your hand and the spoon to keep it from falling apart in the oil.
- 9Fry until it is a medium brown all over, turning as necessary.
- 10Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Fish Cakes
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.4
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 375.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 5.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves