Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is our standard holiday dish that everyone requests for dinner. An old family favorite that's even BETTER leftover and/or cold. Prep time is less than stated if you use a food processor to chop chicken & vegetables.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped cooked celery
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups undiluted cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons chopped cooked onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- Mix chicken, celery, rice, onion, soup, mayo& almonds in large bowl and put in large, shallow baking dish that's been buttered.
- Mix melted butter with cornflakes for topping and sprinkle on top.
- Bake 45 minutes in 350 oven.
This is an easy yet very tasty and fullfilling meal. Loved the crunch of the slivered almonds. A great comfort dish yet impressive enought for company. Thanks for sharing, Parrot Head Mama.
Great family friendly recipe! Easily could be made in advanced.