Recipe by Parrot Head Mama
This is our standard holiday dish that everyone requests for dinner. An old family favorite that's even BETTER leftover and/or cold. Prep time is less than stated if you use a food processor to chop chicken & vegetables.
Top Review by Merlot
This is an easy yet very tasty and fullfilling meal. Loved the crunch of the slivered almonds. A great comfort dish yet impressive enought for company. Thanks for sharing, Parrot Head Mama.
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups chopped cooked celery
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups undiluted cream of chicken soup
- 4 tablespoons chopped cooked onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise (NOT Miracle Whip)
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter