Recipe by momnkids
My picky kids love this recipe..its so easy and its a fix it forget it meal. It's cheap and inexpensive way to feed your family. Takes just a few minutes to put together and in a few hours you have a wonderful supper. You don't need to use a full 5lb pot roast but we love left overs, we make sandwiches out of the leftovers and I don't add the potatoes I cook those on the side, they tend to get a little overdone for what my family likes. I also don't add carrots or celery I use the ziploc steam bags for my veggies and that way I don't have to stick with same veggies, I can mix it up.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good and very easy to put together before going out the door in the morning. I followed the recipe exactly as written except I added 2 pounds of carrots and potatoes to the bottom of the crock pot before adding the roast. This was good but we thought there was a lot more liquid then needed. Next time, I would omit the water and just add the soup.
- 5 lbs pot roast
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix (Lipton)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a slow cooker, mix the cream of mushroom soup, dry onion mix and the water. Place pot roast in the slow cooker and make sure the soup mixture covers the top of pot roast.
- Cook on either a High setting 3 to 4 hours or a Low setting for 8 to 9hours.
- ** I have a medium setting on my crock pot so I use that for about 5 to 6hours, it also depends on how you like your pot roast**.