Recipe by nranger7
I assume this recipe came from a package of Country Crock spread. It originally called for 2 sticks of Country Crock Spreadable Sticks, but I use butter instead. I recently learned I'm allergic to nuts, so I really like the oats and Rice Krispies in this recipe. It gives the cookies what I'd miss in a chocolate chip cookie without nuts. Since there's only a cup of each, they don't overpower the cookie either. I don't like coconut very much so I probably will omit it the next time I make these.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup oats
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in flour mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate, cereal, coconut and oats.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, drop dough by rounded tablespoons, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 12 minutes or until lightly golden and edges look crisp.
- Let stand on wire rack for 2 minutes then remove from sheets to cool completely.