Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is our favorite salsa. We like the charred tomatoes in this one. Let your taste decide if you want to add more chipotles.
- 2 lbs tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (or more to taste()
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- salt and pepper
- Char the tomatoes on a grill, under a broiler or in a cast iron pan. Put them in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. Mix together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill till flavors blend. Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.
My hubby doubled the recipe and wanted to add extra chipotles but I warned him they could be dangerous so he followed recipe exact and this was a great salsa. Might add one extra pepper next time for hotter version to try. We froze couple small freezer bags for future side condiment to our meat dishes.