Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Everyone who has ever tried this recipe has really enjoyed it. Great for pot lucks in a crock pot. Recipe can be easily doubled. Great served with flour tortillas or corn bread.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for a least 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Garnish with cilantro and cheese of your choice if desired.
Good chili. Used recipe #207014 as the chili spice mix and instead of beef I used chicken sausages. Did not need any salt or pepper, the taste was just on the spot. It also freezes well.
Thanks for posting.
I omitted the beef and bell peppers and used a variety of beans. (pinto, red, pigeon peas, navy and black beans) Turned out delicious! I plan to use the leftovers for the crock pot tomorrow in my chicken tortilla soup recipe. Will definitely do again.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. This was a good chili. I followed the recipe as written other then I used 2 cans of black beans and 1 can of white kidney beans. I also used dried minced onion instead of regular onion. Everyone enjoyed this. This even froze nicely and reheated well in the microwave for quick lunches at work. I topped mine with cheddar cheese.