Recipe by JackieOhNo!
The name says it all...this has always been my family's favorite, even though there are a lot of shortcuts. It is simple to make, tasty and fast. What else can you ask for? To serve, I ladle it into a large bowl and garnish it with lots of shredded cheddar cheese and jalapenos. I insert tortilla chips all around the edge of the bowl for either scooping up some of the chili with (nacho-style) or eating along with the chili itself.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packageshot chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canlight red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- pickled jalapeno pepper
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In Dutch oven over medium heat, brown ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- Stir in chili seasoning mix, water, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When serving, garnish with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices. Serve with tortilla chips.