1/2 Photos of Family Favorite Chili
The name says it all...this has always been my family's favorite, even though there are a lot of shortcuts. It is simple to make, tasty and fast. What else can you ask for? To serve, I ladle it into a large bowl and garnish it with lots of shredded cheddar cheese and jalapenos. I insert tortilla chips all around the edge of the bowl for either scooping up some of the chili with (nacho-style) or eating along with the chili itself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages hot chili seasoning mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can light red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- pickled jalapeno pepper
- tortilla chips
- 1In Dutch oven over medium heat, brown ground beef, breaking it up as it cooks. Drain off fat.
- 2Stir in chili seasoning mix, water, tomatoes, and kidney beans.
- 3Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- 4Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5When serving, garnish with shredded cheese and jalapeno slices. Serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Chili
Serving Size: 1 (355 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.6
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.8 mg
- Sodium 653.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 41.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix