1/5 Photos of Family Favorite Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas (Casserole)
I've had this enchilada recipe for ages, it was passed down to me from my mother and is always a popular dish around my house. My husbands favorite casserole! :) Hope you enjoy as much as we do. A few notes: Sometimes I leave off the 2 cups of shredded chicken, and it is still yummy as can be. I usually double the green chiles and use "healthy request" soup and reduced fat sour cream. Also, we prefer corn tortillas in this dish, but use whatever you like. ENJOY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup (also good using 1 can each cr. of chicken & nacho cheese soup)
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 dozen corn tortilla (medium)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion (tops included)
- vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2To make sauce, combine soup (not diluted), chicken, green chiles, green onions & salt in a medium saucepan; heat through.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in the sour cream and cheese; mix well.
- 4In a medium to large skillet, heat several tablespoons of vegetable oil on medium heat.
- 5Dip a tortilla into the hot oil to soften. Remove tortilla to a plate. Spread @ 2 heaping tablespoons sauce across center of tortilla, and roll up.
- 6Place seam side down in a greased 9 x 13-inch glass baking dish.
- 7Continue with rest of tortillas, adding additional oil to the skillet as necessary.
- 8Spread the remaining sauce over the top of the casserole. Sprinkle with additional cheese, if desired. Sliced black olives are good, too.
- 9Bake uncovered in a 350 degree F oven for 25 minutes, until hot and bubbly .
- 10Makes 4 to 6 servings. Good with a side of refried beans and some fresh guacamole or avocado slices.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Chicken Sour Cream Enchiladas (Casserole)
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.1
- Calories from Fat 410
- Total Fat 45.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.7 g
- Cholesterol 153.9 mg
- Sodium 1700.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 41.3 g