Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is a hit in my household, specially when someone has the cold or the flu. It tastes like it takes all day to make it thanks to the store-bought frozen homemade noodles and a pre-cooked herb flavored rotisserie chicken! Try it, I guarantee you'll like it. It is basic, yet so comforting an on the table in 1 hour. P.S. We also top it off with more black pepper and parmesan cheese. And I sometimes throw in some green beans too.
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (2721.55 g) box chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 340.19 g homestyle noodles (from the freezer section, I use Reames)
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 1.23 ml celery seed
- 1.23 ml thyme
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml seasoning salt
- 4.92 ml all purpose seasoning (I use Spike)
- 14.79 ml fresh parsley
- 1 of a rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat only (I keep the chunks big)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepot, saute carrots, celery and onion in the butter for 2 minutes over med-high heat.
- Add broth, garlic and bay leaf, give it a stir, put the lid on the pot and crank up the heat to high until it start boiling.
- When boiling, remove lid an drop in the noodles. Give it a good stir and leave the lid off.
- Boil on med-high for 25 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, remove the (pre-cooked) chicken meat from the bones and set aside.
- After 25 minutes, turn down the heat to low.
- Add the peas, seasonings and chicken.
- Stir and let it cook on low for 15 minutes.