1/5 Photos of Family Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
This is a hit in my household, specially when someone has the cold or the flu. It tastes like it takes all day to make it thanks to the store-bought frozen homemade noodles and a pre-cooked herb flavored rotisserie chicken! Try it, I guarantee you'll like it. It is basic, yet so comforting an on the table in 1 hour. P.S. We also top it off with more black pepper and parmesan cheese. And I sometimes throw in some green beans too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (32 ounce) boxes chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces homestyle noodles (from the freezer section, I use Reames)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon all purpose seasoning (I use Spike)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley
- 1/2 of a rotisserie-cooked chicken, meat only (I keep the chunks big)
- 1In a large saucepot, saute carrots, celery and onion in the butter for 2 minutes over med-high heat.
- 2Add broth, garlic and bay leaf, give it a stir, put the lid on the pot and crank up the heat to high until it start boiling.
- 3When boiling, remove lid an drop in the noodles. Give it a good stir and leave the lid off.
- 4Boil on med-high for 25 minutes.
- 5In the meanwhile, remove the (pre-cooked) chicken meat from the bones and set aside.
- 6After 25 minutes, turn down the heat to low.
- 7Add the peas, seasonings and chicken.
- 8Stir and let it cook on low for 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Family Favorite Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (493 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.6
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 1632.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: